I Wanna Be a Boy

Seki gals go here. Start a new topic for each different doll, or reply to a thread if a topic for that doll has been made already.
nataluna

#31 Post by nataluna »

dolldivatude

#32 Post by dolldivatude »

Man the glasses haunt me.

I really like what you've done with her.

nataluna

#33 Post by nataluna »

thanks!! those glasses are from the red-haired hi-glamm girl. i like how they have the separate color frames painted on. sometimes i call her "i wanna be a geek" instead of iwbb - haha. and she sure dances like a geek (ie: as bad as me).... hmmm... i should learn better posing.

PS: it occurs to me that barbie glasses could be painted, carefully, with plastic-appropriate paint (paint marker?) around the edges, and this would look just as good. because it's fairly hard to find the ones with the frames that are already painted. i only ever saw these and like 2 other pairs that i think came with dolls or outfits i didn't want.

dolldivatude

#34 Post by dolldivatude »

Thanks for the info nataluna. I already purchased the Kurhn that has those sneakers IWBB is wearing after looking at your flickr. Now I might have to find that HG doll. I have at lest 50 pairs of Barbie glasses, but none are that cool.

nataluna

#35 Post by nataluna »

yeah i have seen mixed reactions about kurhn sneakers. (i think they look kinda rockabilly(?) but i am not sure.)
i like them a lot, but in the publicity photos (before seeing the dolls) i thought i would hate them. a lot of kurhn stuff is better than it looks in photos, actually. even though the 2 sellers i know have pretty good (ie big) photos available.

i guess the shape of these glasses is different from barbie ones. i hadn't noticed it until re-looking at some of my own closeups - lol

circle

#36 Post by circle »

Hello,
I'm trying to buy the momoko doll "I want to be a boy"
but can't find her
Can someone give me an idea of where I can purchase that doll?
Thank you :)

bo_anders

#37 Post by bo_anders »

circle, she's probably sold out at all normal stores so Ebay is the next step. Be prepared for that she'll be very expensive though ):
Anders

You will find all my Momoko girls here

circle

#38 Post by circle »

You are absolutely right bo_anders!
I finally find her on ebay and I'll post some pictures soon
Thanx for answering :daisy:

bo_anders

#39 Post by bo_anders »

Ah! Congrats! I'm looking forward to the photos :)
Anders

You will find all my Momoko girls here

Chuplayer

#40 Post by Chuplayer »

I'm looking forward to the pics, too :)

Oihana

Re: I Wanna Be a Boy

#41 Post by Oihana »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandacobey/

Ashbet

#42 Post by Ashbet »

Tamsin was my very first Momoko, and I'm still super-happy with her!! :kissy:

-- A <3
My Flickr -- mostly BJDs so far, but more Momoko pics to come!

Etiana

#43 Post by Etiana »

She's awesome Ashbet! Her hair looks so natural looking, is it a reroot or did she come like that? It just looks a little fuller than some of the others and so shiny.

Ashbet

#44 Post by Ashbet »

Thanks, Etiana! <3

This is her original hair -- hasn't been washed, although it has been brushed. She originally had some product in it behind the front section that held the style down, but I think it's worn off over the years. I think it's cute the way it is (I like the "boof!"), so I've left it alone and just gently styled it into place with a wire brush if it got mussed.

Maybe it's because she has never worn her hat? :mystery:

(I wish I still had it -- I wound up giving it away with a load of toys when I moved, just before I got into Momokos again! I'm not a baseball-cap person and was never going to use it on any of my dolls, but I would have at least tried to give it to someone on the forum rather than to Goodwill!)

-- A <3
My Flickr -- mostly BJDs so far, but more Momoko pics to come!

laho

#45 Post by laho »

Here my Lucile. She arrived a couple of weeks ago, but she's wanted since a couple of years :3