Twilight Fiancee (Tasogare no Fiancee)

Seki gals go here. Start a new topic for each different doll, or reply to a thread if a topic for that doll has been made already.
Mikan
Admin

Twilight Fiancee (Tasogare no Fiancee)

#1 Post by Mikan »

Err, Sekiguchi official site says "Twilight Fiancee" (as opposed to "Fiancee in Twilight").

I took photos immediately after deboxing... unfortunately the lighting conditions were craptastic, but thought you might want to see the details.

The fingernails are painted... toenails, too. (Yes, she's body blushed, too.) Plus, here's the wrist watch (plastic and you need to put it on yourself, so don't sneeze! :lol: )

(EDIT: Oops deleted the Flickr photos... sorry!)

Novapony

#2 Post by Novapony »

Plus, here's the wrist watch (plastic and you need to put it on yourself, so don't sneeze! )
LMAO!
She's prettier than I thought she'd be! Cute!!! :)

bo_anders

#3 Post by bo_anders »

Wow! She looks great

I think the bad lighting conditions made the picture very good.

Those eyelashes must be very fragile though.
Anders

You will find all my Momoko girls here

melissa

#4 Post by melissa »

I love her look. Are those blue eyes and shadow or is that just the lighting effect? The outfit is made out of corduroy? I need to see more :D

Marna

#5 Post by Marna »

I like her! I'm not sure I'm going to like the material her clothes are made of, but her face is adorable & I like her lashes. Is her body overblushed like Midnight Rose? I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait a long time for mine.

elby

#6 Post by elby »

Ooh, she's way prettier than I thought she'd be! I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Mikan
Admin

#7 Post by Mikan »

bo_anders wrote: Those eyelashes must be very fragile though.
They look like they were kind of a fuzzy mat that was trimmed down;
some lashes are kind of at weird angles. :B But if you don't look TOO closely it looks nice!
melissa wrote:I love her look. Are those blue eyes and shadow or is that just the lighting effect? The outfit is made out of corduroy? I need to see more :D
Yes, there is a really thin layer of thick blue eye shadow (err, thin width, but it may have been applied with the eye lashes, as it does have slight thickness).
Marna wrote:I like her! I'm not sure I'm going to like the material her clothes are made of, but her face is adorable & I like her lashes. Is her body overblushed like Midnight Rose? I have a feeling I'm going to have to wait a long time for mine.
The clothes are not corduroy, but I'm not sure what exactly they are. I'm going to guess synthetic fiber like nylon, designed to mimic silk (my guess, anyway). I have not dared take off all her clothing yet (it took me 5 minutes just to unhook the necklace from its attachment to the jacket), but IMHO she's not overblushed at all.

I will try to take more pics this weekend, assuming someone doesn't post spectacular photos of their own (the type I wish I could take but can't seem to :P ).

blackiegracie

#8 Post by blackiegracie »

She is so lovely Mikan!

It's great to see pictures of the actual doll!

I am a huge Audrey Hepburn fan,a dn this doll looks so much like her!

I think she will be going on my "wishlist" of new dolls!

Smiles :) Zoila

Mikan
Admin

#9 Post by Mikan »

I lied, I didn't wait for the weekend. I took a flash photo with the suggestion of using paper to reduce the glare (2 layers of white paper!) ... it's not an artistic photo but hopefully you can see facial detail and also see fabric texture. Also notice the intriguing color of her eyes!

Hope this helps answers the questions!
P.S. She has 2 hairs on her head that stick straight up sometimes :P Stiff stuff!
P.P.S. Blackiegracie: I think I am going to have to go out of my way to watch a Hepburn movie! Maybe some Hitchcock, too, since Sekiguchi referenced 60's suspense movies...! Is there a Hitchcock Hepburn movie??

Marna

#10 Post by Marna »

My girl finally got here today, I named her Audrey (original huh?), here are some pics, I think she's fab!

bo_anders

#11 Post by bo_anders »

Very good shots! Marna you're an expert of using background pictures.
Anders

You will find all my Momoko girls here

dolldivatude

#12 Post by dolldivatude »

Marna, she is fab. I love the shot of her "in front" of Tiffany's.

Marna

#13 Post by Marna »

Thanks to both of you! I think I'll keep her in her suit for a while, I like it more than I thought I would, but then it's redress time!

teddybear4me2

#14 Post by teddybear4me2 »

Wow, she definitely looks like someone who can be seen regularly on Fifth Ave of New York City. Image
Visit My Dolls on Flickr
Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures.

dal

#15 Post by dal »

love love her...maybe by August I can get her...

In some pics she looks like a little deer caught in the headlights. somewhat startled but def gorgeous!
Thanks for posting. I like her more everytime I see her.

:0)
See my Flickr photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dals/