Travelin' gal

Momoko May is being sent around to MyMomoko members! Post on Flickr and bring the "Best of" photos here!
Loogie
Admin

Travelin' gal

#1 Post by Loogie »

1. Mms0131- Thanks for hosting!
2. Nightfall - Thanks for hosting!
3. Dal - Thanks for hosting!
4. Margarita_rosa - Thanks for hosting!
5. Sunflowered - Thanks for hosting!
6. Elfinity - Thanks for hosting!
7. PlasticPrettyboy - Thanks for hosting!
8. Titanica (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
9. Dutchtl (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
10. Gamekitty (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
11. Minklet (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
12. Jane_doll (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
13. Bunny Brown (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
14. Miinka (flickr) - Thanks for hosting!
15. Ion - Thanks for hosting!
16. Khursten - Sorry we missed you! D:
17. Tammy - May is here
18. Gracal
19. whispering-leaf
20. Conniegigi

**The host list is currently CLOSED**

:::I'd like it if she stayed no longer than 2 weeks (to allow you to take PLENTY of pictures :wink: ) :::
Those two weeks include the day you receive her, but not the day you send. So, If you got her on a Monday, it's ok to send her Tuesday.

Also, if in the US, please get a Delivery Confirmation # and insure for $50. Priority shipping shouldn't be more than $6.
Last edited by Loogie on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 35 times in total.

MaggieChan

#2 Post by MaggieChan »

That sound like alot of fun! Is she interested in seeing Wisconsin? :)

Loogie
Admin

#3 Post by Loogie »

Sure. If you give me a couple days to find a suitable traveling outfit and a box I can send her over the weekend. You don't mind if she borrows some of your girl's clothes while she's there, do you? :)

starkitty

#4 Post by starkitty »

My girls would love to have company too.

MaggieChan

#5 Post by MaggieChan »

Loogie wrote:Sure. If you give me a couple days to find a suitable traveling outfit and a box I can send her over the weekend. You don't mind if she borrows some of your girl's clothes while she's there, do you? :)
Oh, certainly not! There are enough outfits to go around, lol! :D
Shall I PM you my address?

Loogie
Admin

#6 Post by Loogie »

That'd be great. Maybe I'll start a list of people, and when it's time for her to move on, the person next on the list can PM the person hosting their address?

MaggieChan

#7 Post by MaggieChan »

PM'ed you! <3

Elegante

#8 Post by Elegante »

I'd love to host her! I doubt Iowa could be a cool place to visit... I'd recommend sending her me at the very start of June when my summer vacation starts, or the very start of July when I'll be in New York for ballet.

gcrepe

#9 Post by gcrepe »

I would love to host your girl too! Maybe she will enjoy some time in San Diego with 19 other Momoko sisters to show her around?!

I'm in!

Mikan
Admin

#10 Post by Mikan »

Is that how the Momokobbs one was supposed to work? I never knew, lol.

Sounds like fun!!!

I don't even have a (working) camera and I'm going to be pretty busy in the near term, but maybe someday.... :D

Loogie
Admin

#11 Post by Loogie »

Mikan wrote:Is that how the Momokobbs one was supposed to work? I never knew, lol.
I'm assuming so. I'm actually basing this on something I found on the Clone Army forum, run by Dan Kim- he did that webcomic/fancomic called Nana's Everyday Life. It's terrible. Not in a "Wow, this is badly written" but in a "Oh man this dude is sick" sort of way.
(I have a reeeeallly weird sense of humor. 4chan, anyone?) Anyhoo, it's based on this character, Nana, from the anime Elfen Lied. Someone sewed up a little Nana doll, and it was being mailed around to forum members so they could take Nana around town for photographs and such. It's called the Nana Global Love Project. And I jacked the idea. >__>;

doujima

#12 Post by doujima »

pinky-street forum has a travelling pinky project since 2005. it started really well, but kind of crashed and burned last summer... some of the people who originally signed up to receive her apparently lost their interest (even though there are "confirm you still wanna do this" PMs sent before each leg). at first she was supposed to spend just 3 days with everyone, but some ended up keeping her for months and never posted any pictures. rude... :x
making an art form out of being useless

Elegante

#13 Post by Elegante »

I like the Elfen Lied one's name. We should name this one. Something important-sounding!

Nightfall

#14 Post by Nightfall »

Oh me! Me! :lol:

I am signed up for the Pinky forum one, but am nearly the last one on the route and I've been waiting forever... Maybe Ms. Momoko can arrive earlier and see the sights first! Also, Miette would love the company - esp. company she can try to impress... :roll:

There's a project in the US that a lot of schoolkids do called "flat stanley" - it's based on a children's book about a kid that 'tragically' gets smooshed flat, but decided to make the best of it by mailing himself around the world and sending letters back to his parents. Kids read it in school, make their own flat stanley and send it around to family who take pix and send 'em back to the kid. My roommate did this, it was hysterical - it's why I wanted to do the Pinky one!

starkitty

#15 Post by starkitty »

YES!! This is going to be so much fun. I see the list. When will she start traveling?? I want to show her the Bay Area b/f I move south!!