Japan: Food: Japanese Style Curry Photostory (many images)

Momoko Global Cultural Exchange: Introduce your region, area, country, customs, culture, foods, local sights, with Momoko's help!
kirabarbie

#16 Post by kirabarbie »

Mikan,

Nice and fun curry tutorial. You gave me an idea for another recipe that Momoko can help with. I'll work on that and post when I'm done.

Jishin,
Thanks for the gluten free curry recipe. Our household likes to eat gluten free.

maywong

#17 Post by maywong »

Ooooo, I'm going to have to try this.

Mikan
Admin

#18 Post by Mikan »

Jishin: I think gluten is ok by me, but I may have to check out your recipe sometime. I have triiiiieeed to make home made curry with basic curry-type dry spices, but it just has not worked out quite the same.

Kirabarbie: Looking forward to it!

Maywong: Yes, you should try it! lol

Jishin

#19 Post by Jishin »

Mikan -- most people are OK with gluten -- I make it specially for a friend of mine who has celiac disease. She's allergic to wheat, barley, rye, and oats. And MAN, those go in just about everything. She's also sensitive to MSG, which is frequently found in prepackaged stuff like the curry roux, unfortunately.

So it's good to know how to make an alternative. But I'll admit, I like boxed roux myself! :)

Mikan
Admin

#20 Post by Mikan »

Yeah I know someone allergic to not only gluten but a bunch of other things... I seem to recall dairy and maybe nuts being on the list... yow.

Mmm curry ... now I am getting hungry....