christmas decoration

Momoko Global Cultural Exchange: Introduce your region, area, country, customs, culture, foods, local sights, with Momoko's help!
maggim

christmas decoration

#1 Post by maggim »

hi,
i am always a little late with my christmas decoration. i have to work much more than normal times of the year. today i took time for decoration. moki and aura were helping outside. :D but i think they only want to show what they found in the wardrobe. (they needed 2 hours :roll: )
here the result:
aura & moki von maggimini auf FlickrImage
Unbenannt von maggimini auf Flickr
maggi

teddybear4me2

Re: christmas decoration

#2 Post by teddybear4me2 »

maggim wrote:hi,
i am always a little late with my Christmas decoration....
a little late?... we haven't even started our decoration! Your girls are wonderful helpers. It’s nice to have someone to help and motivate.
Visit My Dolls on Flickr
Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures.

maggim

#3 Post by maggim »

the most germans decorate their homes until the first of advent. only the tree will decorate a few days before or on christmas eve.
:daisy: maggi :daisy:

Gamma Ray

#4 Post by Gamma Ray »

Your girls are dressed so beautifully, Maggi :daisy:

exel

#5 Post by exel »

Your girls are beautiful! I love the Christmas atmosphere!
In Italy, by tradition, decorations are made on 8 December! So you're not late!

StephG

#6 Post by StephG »

I'm late getting going with my Christmas dressing and decorating for my girls. But your girls look lovely and the setting is wonderful!

maggim

#7 Post by maggim »

thank you all for your kind comments!
its funny how different all christmas traditions are.
maggi

Mikan
Admin

#8 Post by Mikan »

Your girls are lovely, and I'm enjoying this discussion of Christmas traditions!

In the US, the "Christmas" shopping season starts the day after American Thanksgiving, the last Thursday of November, and that's when I think most people start thinking of decorating. But lately we've been having Christmas music appearing in stores and ads even in October >:[ (It's quite annoying, actually.)
I keep hoping people will keep up the spirit of giving, the expectation of extraordinary acts of kindness, and so on even past Christmas! (It's a little sad to me how it all builds up and then abruptly ends, the lights go down, and suddenly everyone is grumpy again. We should keep up good will throughout the year!)

Gamma Ray

#9 Post by Gamma Ray »

Mikan wrote:But lately we've been having Christmas music appearing in stores and ads even in October >:[ (It's quite annoying, actually.)
It actually hit a new low this year. While it wasn't explicitly a Christmas commercial, I did see a commercial on TV that had the Christmas type of jingle bells at the very end of August.

blackiegracie

#10 Post by blackiegracie »

So beautiful! Their outfits are very romantic and perfect for the holiday season!

Smiles :) Zoila

Eilichan

#11 Post by Eilichan »

Your dolls look so sweet Maggi. :daisy:

maggim

#12 Post by maggim »

thanks blackiegracie, thanks eilichan!
mikan - somestimes its a little bit sad that people sometimes mix up giving and buying ( i hope you understand what i mean)
maggi

Mikan
Admin

#13 Post by Mikan »

Gamma Ray wrote:...I did see a commercial on TV that had the Christmas type of jingle bells at the very end of August.
:doh:
maggim wrote:mikan - somestimes its a little bit sad that people sometimes mix up giving and buying ( i hope you understand what i mean)
I think I know what you mean!

Etiana

#14 Post by Etiana »

Maggi, even though I commented on your flickr account, I just have to tell you again how beautiful your girls look for Christmas!

Mikan your comment is so right on!
" I keep hoping people will keep up the spirit of giving, the expectation of extraordinary acts of kindness, and so on even past Christmas! (It's a little sad to me how it all builds up and then abruptly ends, the lights go down, and suddenly everyone is grumpy again. We should keep up good will throughout the year!)"

My husband and I learned one year how wonderful it was to get ready for Christmas early. We enjoyed buying gifts for our family and friends through-out the year. We took our time with decorating at the end of November and loved how peaceful it was to enjoy the process rather than rush through it just to get it done. By December 1st we were ready for Christmas and were able to truly enjoy the season. I cannot tell you what a difference this made and it's something I strive for each year, it's not always possible but I try. So many amazing, beautiful things can happen in December, I've noticed that when I'm free of having to worry about getting things done for me, I'm open to giving and serving in ways that wouldn't be possible otherwise. It's easier to turn my back on the crass commercialization when I don't have to step one foot in an overcrowded mall or department store. I am SO grateful for the internet, I love shopping online in my jammies with a hot cup of cocoa at 10 p.m. :wink:

Mikan
Admin

#15 Post by Mikan »

Etiana: Yes, thank you!! Love your description of a slow and lovely season!
Yes, I think a lot of beautiful things happen because people are both expecting it, and are willing to participate in making things beautiful. If we kept that attitude throughout the year - the willingness to give, to serve, to be more compassionate - our world would improve drastically I think! How can we clear a little space to make this possible, I wonder?

And 100% agree - Internet shopping is great, and it's really cool how it helps you make other things possible. (Except I found some local little independent shops nearby that I may have to visit just to encourage them. :lol:)