May in Boston (new photos - all photos now posted!)

Momoko May is being sent around to MyMomoko members! Post on Flickr and bring the "Best of" photos here!
Nightfall

May in Boston (new photos - all photos now posted!)

#1 Post by Nightfall »

May arrived here in the Boston area on Monday night! She was a bit tired after the ordeal of getting thru Logan and fighting traffic to my house, so she was pretty content to just hang out with my girls on her first evening.

My girls were so excited to hear all about her adventures, however, that they kept her up pretty much all night! :roll: So she slept in pretty late the next day, but still really needed a cup of coffee to get going...

It's getting chilly, so she borrowed a vest from my girls and went out for a bit of a walk to see if she could find some fall leaves...

Unfortunately (for the leaf peepers - I was quite happy about it!) it's stayed warm for a really long time this summer, so it's only about 2 weeks into actual fall weather. Only a few scattered trees have turned colors (and some have already lost all their leaves!) but the rest are green. I'm not sure what this fall is going to wind up looking like. So, altho May did get to see some leaves, she's hoping for better results this weekend!!

As evening fell, Ilse brought May up to the highest point in my neighborhood to watch the sunset...

Unfortunately there are a lot of trees in the way of the sunset. However, to compensate, there's a great view of the city. So May and Ilse lingered for a while watching the city lights and chatting...

Last edited by Nightfall on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tammy

#2 Post by Tammy »

Yay, May is on the go again!

Such lovely photos, Nightfall!!! I especially LOVE the one where the girls are standing on your balcony and you can see the city off in the distance! Where are you in the area? I'm originally from Waltham. :)
Can't wait to see more of your lovely Momoko photography!
Desparately wanted: Momoko Ver.03ANsp!

bo_anders

#3 Post by bo_anders »

Very nice pictures!
May must stay awake a week now after all that coffee :)
I like the picture where May stays in front of the fall leaves very much.
Anders

You will find all my Momoko girls here

Mikan
Admin

#4 Post by Mikan »

Oooo it's Bahston. <3 <3 <3
Why can't California and Massachusetts be adjoining states... :<

I had to smile at the thought of a Momoko driving through traffic (maybe down Storrow Drive!) from Logan... LOL

Nightfall

#5 Post by Nightfall »

I've been running around too much and have not been online as much as I need to be to keep up with all my photo-posting and commenting, BUT never fear! May has been busy with a lot of adventures and I will catch up on posting them all soon!

After May's late night with Ilse, she was still pretty tired, and the girls' car(otherwise known as my car :lol: ) was in the shop, so May and the girls just hung out at home.

Ilse: Nightfall can't take us out today, what would you like to do?
May: I'm not sure... What do you suggest?
Ilse: Hm, maybe Kerrigan would be willing to cook something for us?

Ilse: Kerrigan, we can't go out today, do you think you could cook something for May?
Kerrigan: Actually, I was just thinking of making some soup...

Kerrigan: Here you go! I hope you like it!

May: Wow, it's delicious! You're an amazing cook Kerrigan!
Kerrigan: *blushes*

[The last two photos are inside of the re-ment house. It just about fits momokos! :D That's probably as photostory-ish as I'm going to get for the moment too! :wink: ]

The following day May went on a bike ride, but we don't have those photos yet. Instead, we have photos from our weekend trip to NYC to attend a re-ment event. Re-Ment was launching sales of their house on the East Coast at Toy Tokyo. So, lucky May tagged along to Manhatten for the fun!

Gina Garan, of Blythe photography fame, was at the event, so May got to meet her!

This was very exciting, and she was very sweet - we got to talk for quite a bit because it was a fairly low-key event.

If you'd like to see more photos of the re-ment event or the re-ment house, they are here.

I gave May a photoset too, so that's here. Does she have her own group on flickr yet?

Strangely our weather went back to being warm, but fortunately the trees changed color after all! So on the way back from NYC May got in some leaf peeping. Those photos will be posted soon! And I'm still working on getting some Boston landmark photos. I haven't had a chance to go downtown yet...

Tammy, I live in Somerville. The night sky photo is in Union Sq., which is my neighborhood. Unfortunately, however, that's not my balcony. How I wish it were tho, what a view! (It's an observation point - part of a landmark building in a small park)

starkitty

#6 Post by starkitty »

May looks like she had a blast!!!

Mikan
Admin

#7 Post by Mikan »

I used to live in Somerville (well, a few years, anyway)! Right near Davis Square :>

May looks right at home - and Re-ment launch?! I am jealous!

Candijacks
Admin

#8 Post by Candijacks »

Oh Wow!! Great photos! May is looking like she is having such a wonderful time! :D

Nightfall

#9 Post by Nightfall »

Thanks guys! I did try to show May some fun sights! :D

I actually have maybe 2 more sets of photos to post, I'm just having trouble getting them all uploaded to post... :oops: (too busy!)

dal

#10 Post by dal »

cool pics Nightfall!
May did some autumn leaf watching the first day here but we are off to a doll show...more later!
See my Flickr photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dals/

Tammy

#11 Post by Tammy »

Nightfall, I really loved looking at all the different setting with May; you are so creative! :)
Dal, is May with you now? I can't wait to see more photos!

dal

#12 Post by dal »

Yes Tammy...May is here and exhausted! LOL

I opened a "May in Connecticut" folder. She's been here a week and we are having fun.
Will post pics on monday...busy busy all weekend!

dal

Nightfall

#13 Post by Nightfall »

Ok, to resume my picture posting of May, much belatedly... ^^;

On our way back from NYC, May and the girls stopped at my family's home in CT, where she was able to take a riding lesson at the extensive (plastic) ranch I created in my childhood.

May was a bit nervous (probably because she had to ride bareback), but Miette showed her the ropes...

"Uh... Whoa horsey?"

"Well, maybe I'm getting the hang of this..."

In the end, May really loved her horseback riding lesson!

On our way back to Boston, May pleaded to go try to find some pretty fall foliage to look at. We found a really lovely location, but the trees hadn't really turned yet...

"Wow, it's beautiful here!"

"So sunny and warm! Just a bit too windy tho..."

The girls had fun hiking around the lake, but didn't see too much fall foliage, so they started to head home. Fortunately, we made one last stop, and found a really lovely area!!

"Look May! There's a waterfall here!"

"Isn't it gorgeous?"

"It sure is! I'm so glad we stopped here!"

Still, the prettiest tree May got to see before she left turned out to be at a highway rest stop!

May loved seeing all the fall foliage! :D

I have more photos still, even tho I'm so late posting them! ^^; I'm sorry I'm so slow, I'll have the rest of them up soon!
Last edited by Nightfall on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dal

#14 Post by dal »

NICE!!!!
I posted on Flickr too.

Tammy

#15 Post by Tammy »

More gorgeous photos! I love the autumn settings and that waterfall is amazing!